Updated at: Apr 20, 2018
Cyber Security Summer School 2018
11-15 June 2018
This year’s Cyber Security Summer School will focus on
maritime cyber security. With experts from maritime sector, marine technology
industries and cyber security establishments, the Summer School will give an
overview of the tools and communications used in shipping industry, discuss
their vulnerabilities and also introduce new trends in autonomous shipping and
its dangers and risks.
Registration form is HERE. REGISTRATION IS OPEN UNTIL 15th of MAY.
Please include a motivational letter into the registration form with an explanation why you would like to join the Summer School.
Venue:Estonian Maritime Academy, Tallinn
General chairs:Olaf Maennel, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia
Dan Heering, TTÜ Estonian Maritime Academy, Estonia
Kieren Nicolas Lovell, University of Cambridge, UK
- Jenny Radcliffe, Expert in Social Engineering, Host of The Human Factor Podcast, UK
- Lisa Forte, Red Goat Cyber Security, UK
- Jeffrey Moulton, Stephenson’s National Center for
Security Research and Training and the Transformation Technologies and Cyber
Research Center at Louisiana State University, USA
- Birgy Lorenz, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia
- Christian Hummert, Mittweida University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Gerry NGU, EASA & European Centre for Cybersecurity in Aviation (ECCSA), Germany
- Anders Carlsson, Blekinge Tekniska Högskola, Sweden
- Alexander Adamov, Kharkiv National University of Radio Electronics, Ukraine
- Joe Burton , The University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Wilfried Honekamp, Akademie der Polizei, Hamburg, Germany
- Marina Martinez, The Spanish Office for Science and Technology (SOST), Spain
You will receive 3 ECTS credit points and a certificate for completing the Summer School
Please bring along a personal laptop.
The course will include practical exercises in the simulator centre of Estonian Maritime
We will have an introductory call with all participants on Friday, 25th of May. More details will be explained during the call. There will be some pre-work before the Summer School.
Up to 50 PhD students (PhD level and junior researchers)
PhD level and junior researchers
EUR 200 (excluding VAT)
All others : EUR 1000 (excluding VAT)
Make the most of Tallinn and be part of two wonderful events! Cyber Security Summer School 2018 is organized in conjunction with the 4th Interdisciplinary Cyber Research (ICR) workshop
to be held at the Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia on the 9th of June, 2018.
For more information, please visit: http://cybercentre.cs.ttu.ee/en/icr2018/
For further questions, please contact us:
Find us on Facebook
Organizers and partners: